Years of Experience
At least three (5) years’ working experience in a busy factory workshop
Mechanical Team Leader.
Academic and Other Requirements:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering,
- Maintenance experience on manufacturing equipment will be an added advantage
- Innovative, Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Core Performance Areas/Indicators
- Interpret components drawings and also decide the most suitable materials required to manufacture them.
- Operate all workshop machines; including but not limited to Lathe machines, milling machines, drilling machines, Power saws, welding machines etc. to manufacture high precision machine components as required.
- Make free hand sketches of all machine components on site for ease of machining in the workshop.
- Guide the maintenance teams and technical operators on the fitting of the manufactured components to the production equipment.
- Initiate requisitions for Workshop materials and tools in a timely manner.
- Liaise with external workshops on outsourced specialized workshop activities
- Participate on Major equipment overhauls.
- Carrying out Autonomous Maintenance and Preventive maintenance on the workshop equipment to prevent their breakdown. Resolve breakdowns on workshop equipment if they occur.
- Communicate to the immediate supervisor any foreseeable major challenges in the workshop.
- Carrying out 5S in the workshop and ensure that the workshop is maintained in a hygienic condition at all times.
- Maintaining all records pertaining to the workshop (tooling records, maintenance records, production records etc.)
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor
Deliver daily, Weekly and Monthly Progress Reports
If you are interested in the above-mentioned position kindly send your up-todate CV and a cover letter to [email protected] /
[email protected] with WORKSHOP MACHINIST as the mail Subject by Wednesday 10th February 2021 .